Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

After updated OS X 10.9.5 this afternoon, I couldn't connect to Internet through wifi. Please help me!!!

After I updated osx 10.9.5 I can't connect to internet through wifi. So, what the problem please help me to solve this problem urgent!!!

iMac, OS X Mavericks (10.9.5)

Posted on Sep 27, 2014 10:18 AM

4 replies

Sep 28, 2014 5:56 PM in response to Linc Davis

I've been having horrible wifi connectivity problems with my mid-2012 MacBook Air for the last several weeks. I just realized today that the problems started around the time that I upgraded to 10.9.5 on September 17th.

It's reached the point where I keep Airport Utility up in a corner of my screen so I can see whether I have internet or not before hitting Send or Post.

After reading Linc Davis' post from September 27th, above, I ran the Wireless Diagnostics when I lost internet. Internet access came back while the diagnostics were running. I pressed Continue and lost connection while the second was running. Based on Airport Utility, I do not have connectivity more than I do.

Note that Airport Utility usually shows that it can see the router, but there is no Internet access. Other times it shows that it can not see the router.

Wireless Diagnostics suggested that I restart the router (a new Airport Extreme that I installed in August.) Restarted the router did not solve anything.

All other devices, wired and wireless, are working fine. The affected device is the only one running 10.9.5 wirelessly.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

After updated OS X 10.9.5 this afternoon, I couldn't connect to Internet through wifi. Please help me!!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.