Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV (2nd gen) no sound...so frustrated

When is Apple going to fix this and stop blaming others. I have my Apple TV going through a receiver. It always worked fine until a couple updates ago. Now I get sound in the beginning but after 10-15 minutes of watching something the sound disappears. It also happens if I ever pause a show. that somehow causes the ATV to get confused. Sometimes turning the receiver on and off a few times fixes it but most often it does not. My recriver is only a couple years old and has current firmware. Mind you I have 4 other devices going through my reliever and none of them have any sound issues. Xbox One, Xbox 360, PS4, Direct TV....all fine. Also had a Panasonic Blu ray player that was fine. So what gives Apple? I've read your suggested work around. I've read other answers here in the forum and none of them work. Why do you not address this in a firmware update?

AppleTV 2

Posted on Sep 27, 2014 12:37 PM

1 reply

Apple TV (2nd gen) no sound...so frustrated

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.