Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why does Netflix stop streaming after several minutes?

Repeatedly after I start watching something on Netflix using AppleTV, the show pauses and I get the spinner. Usually I have to reboot the AppleTV to get Netflix working again.

I have tried configuring the AppleTV with a dynamic and fixed IP address but have the same results.

Apple TV (2nd generation)

Posted on Sep 27, 2014 12:32 PM

4 replies

Sep 30, 2014 7:45 AM in response to Duane

Hi Duane,

If you are having issues with Netflix when using your Apple TV, I would suggest that you troubleshoot using the steps in this article -

Apple TV: Troubleshooting third-party content providers

Specifically -

If you have playback issues with a content provider's services

In most cases, you can isolate playback issues to your home network, your broadband connection, or a possible outage with a content provider. To see if your issue is affecting multiple services or a specific content provider, try another service. For example, play a movie trailer from the main menu.

• If the issue is affecting multiple services on your Apple TV, see how to troubleshoot playback performance.
  • If the issue is affecting a single content provider on your Apple TV, restart your Apple TV by going to Settings > General > Restart. If the issue continues, you might need to contact the content provider.

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Best,

Brett L

Why does Netflix stop streaming after several minutes?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.