Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

jvc kd-hdr60 cannot play after ios 8

Since I upgraded my Verizon 64GB 4S to IOS 8 when I plug it into my receiver USB connector it flashes "READING" a few times then says "CANNOT PLAY"

This worked fine on 7.1.2 and earlier.

I reset all settings on iPhone. Same result.

I used a different OEM cable from Apple. Same result.

I reset the receiver to defaults. Same result.

I upgraded to IOS 8.0.2. Same result

I tested with my iPhone 5 (that I use for talking on) running IOS7.1.2 and it worked.

I then updated my iPhone 5 to IOS8 and replicated the failure, and again with IOS 8.0.2.

This KB article offered no solutions: iOS: Troubleshooting car stereo connections

The iPhone 4s is solely used for playing music in the car since I upgraded the phone I talk on to the iPhone 5. This device gets it upgrades over WiFi or a cable.

I tried to downgrade the 4s to 7.1.2, but got "Unknown Error (3194)" which I think translates into "Device not eligible" which translates into Apple is no longer allowing that IOS to be installed on the device.

JVC does not offer any firmware updates for the receiver.

I would love to downgrade the 4S to 7.1.2. As the only thing on it is my music I don't have any issues with not having the latest security patches.

What can I do? Any help (other than going to an audio cable, which I am doing) would be greatly appreciated.

Mikey...

iPhone 4S, iOS 8, iphone 5 too

Posted on Sep 27, 2014 2:35 PM

6 replies

Nov 10, 2014 4:00 PM in response to RocketScientist1961

You'll have to reset the device by the small pinhole on the head that's under the faceplate. Write down your stations before you do.

I've found if the phone is multitasking when you plug it in (i.e.: running maps while surfing the web and talking on the phone) will cause the iOS 8 to temporarily reset like Finder does on a Mac. I can only surmise that the "reset" kicks out the required handshake protocol between the head and phone where the JVC doesn't release the corrupted iOS device address. The only way I've found to prevent this is, once the JVC is reset, to keep the iPhone/iPod/iPad's memory multitasking low until the iOS device is plugged in and handshake protocol has finished. After that, the pair works as well as designed and the iOS device can resume multitasking as designed...

jvc kd-hdr60 cannot play after ios 8

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.