Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bootcamp not available in Disk Utility. partitioned via Bootcamp asistant

hey Guys, please see if you can help.

I run Maverics version for MAC and am trying to get Win 7 installed.

I have a Bootable USB of Win7 and as a first step I have partitioned my Hard drive into to. 120GB for Bootcamp and rest for MAC.

Unfortunately Bootcamp partition is not available in Disk utility or come up in the start up.

How do i proceed with Win7 installation?

I had Win7 running in SnowLeopard last year. without any issue.

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9.4)

Posted on Sep 27, 2014 3:16 PM

4 replies

Sep 27, 2014 3:21 PM in response to robinpaulose

You do not create a Boot Camp partition using Disk Utility. You must use Boot Camp Assistant, only. You will have to remove the partition you created with Disk Utility and restore your drive to a single volume. You can then use Boot Camp Assistant to create your Windows partition.

Boot Camp - Apple Support

Boot Camp: Windows 7 installation frequently asked questions

Mac Basics- Using Windows on your Mac with Boot Camp

Boot Camp- System requirements for Microsoft Windows operating systems

Sep 27, 2014 3:34 PM in response to Kappy

thanks for the reply Kappy. I typed it wrong. Its showing under Disk Utility but not under Start up disk.

I in fact created the Windows partition via Bootcamp assistant but upon restart its not showing under Start up Disk. I have had Win7 installed when i was on Snow Leopard and It used to show under start up disk.....

Its not showing when I restart and press "Option" key.

Bootcamp not available in Disk Utility. partitioned via Bootcamp asistant

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.