Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

phone 6 battery life

is anyone else having issues with the life of their battery on the iPhone 6?

Posted on Sep 27, 2014 3:17 PM

9 replies

Sep 27, 2014 6:30 PM in response to teesoup2010

Yes I have!!!!

my battery drains pretty quickly and I have noticed it almost immediately because I came from a 5s and I feel like my 5s lasted a lot longer then my 6.

Ive had my phone replaced twice already because the first to came deffective and battiers drained pretty quickly on both. Strange thing is my beither has one as well same as me and his battery lasts a while he can be playing a game and watching movies in Hulu and music and his would be at 91% and if indid the same mine would be at around 70%

so I think something's is off here if the iPhone 6 has a bigger battery but my 5s lasts longer

Sep 27, 2014 9:44 PM in response to teesoup2010

I noticed this too on my iPhone 6. I have not upgraded to iOS 8.0.2 yet. The first day I fully charged it, I probably got 1.5 day before it needed to be charged again. But as the days go by, I began to notice that I had to charge it a little bit sooner. After a week, it was less than 24 hours. I feel that my 3-year old iPhone 4S lasts longer if not same as my iPhone 6. I have scheduled an appointment with Apple Genius to see what's happening on the phone, so will see if the phone is defective. I've already looked at notifications and location services to remove anything that don't need them, but still no much of an improvement.

Sep 28, 2014 5:59 AM in response to teesoup2010

Yes. I haven't done scientific measurement yet, but it is draining quickly. I have noticed a few odd things. 1) Home & Lock Screen is one of the biggest battery drains. This shouldn't be the case as i've been using the iPhone normally for a range of apps. 2) Every time I go to the home screen, I get the little icon spinning in the upper left corner indicating it is trying to connect to a network. Doesn't matter if I'm on WiFi or LTE, as long as I'm on the home screen it is spinning and spinning. I have done all the steps like turning off background app update, location services, and iTunes app store checking. It still just spins and spins. That has got to be chewing up battery.

Sep 28, 2014 7:10 AM in response to dostrower

II'm having the same issues as you I spoke with Apple and they told me to go to my usage and ask me what's the most battery hog and I told them it was home screen and lock screen which was at 15% the guy told me that was way to high and asked me where I got my phone from I told him I got it from the Apple Store and I've gotten it replaced already because I was having issues with my other phone. But is anyone else having their home screen take 15% of battery ?

Sep 29, 2014 2:00 PM in response to teesoup2010

I spoke to an "Apple Genius" and she did a diagnostic on my phone. She said the battery looks ok, but she also found a lot of crashing applications for which I was not aware of. She told me to "Erase all content" and "set up my phone as new" instead of restoring from backup to remove the application(s) that may be causing all these crashes. I don't really buy that explanation but I will try it anyway. I will let you know if that improves the battery life. Btw, I have that same thing about the "Home & Lock screen" using up most of the battery - it's currently at 17% for the last 24 hours.

Mar 28, 2015 4:49 AM in response to albertofromnewhall

I'm having the same problem on my 6 and its running on iOS 8.2. mine will drain very quickly. its like I'm afraid to down load any apps on my phone because my phone wont be able to hold it. and i told even the senior advisor then whats the point in having a smart phone. now he ran a couple of diagnostics on my phone and said it looked great and that he compared it to other customers battery diagnostics and said mine was better if not great compared to others which i dont get. and some one else in these replies said theres is great. whats different about theres that where not doing or have. thats the ultimate question here.

phone 6 battery life

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.