Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to use my iphone5S in Japan

Hi

I have an AT&T iphone 5S with 2 yr contract, and I will have a trip to Japan later this year. I plan to unlock it by AT&T and buy a prepaid SIM card there. If I just want to use the phone there for 15 days with data plan, what options I have? Do I have to buy a prepaid SIM card?

Thanks!

Lu

iPhone 5s, iOS 8

Posted on Sep 27, 2014 4:51 PM

1 reply

Sep 30, 2014 8:46 AM in response to newstep

Hey new step,

Thanks for the question. It is always best to consult with your carrier when planning to travel internationally. In addition to that, the following resource may assist you:

iPhone and iPad: Using cellular networks while in another country

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1807

Many carriers offer international voice and data plans. Always contact your current carrier for details about international-roaming countries, SIMs, rates, and policies before you travel to another country. While you may not need an international plan to use voice or data roaming on your iPhone or iPad, your carrier may charge additional fees or higher data rates if you don't have an international plan.

Thanks,

Matt M.

How to use my iphone5S in Japan

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.