Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Help. My iphone 6 keeps deleting contact names but leaving numbers

I keep inputting names for new contacts and the next time I try to access it, the name is gone and im left with numbers only,.

iPhone 6, iOS 8

Posted on Sep 27, 2014 6:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 31, 2017 9:10 AM

People are just replying on "oh yea I'm having the same problem" and that's fine but does anyone know how to get them back? I had phone numbers of people i don't see in real life anymore and i now can't contact them at all I need help

13 replies

Dec 11, 2014 12:29 PM in response to Ms_Boobear

Same problem here. Only 2/3 of my contacts transferred over from my iphone 5 to begin with. Twice in the last week I've looked up a contact to send them a message, I compose the message and hit send, then it show me the message in Messages. However, the name has disappeared and the just the phone number is showing. I didn't think much of it until I tried to look up the contact again and it was missing. I thought I was going crazy, but I just saw it do the exact same thing again. The contact isn't just missing from my phone, it's missing in iCloud too. So there's no hope of restoring it.

Mar 27, 2015 9:06 AM in response to eebnomore

You all guys are using hotmail to get the contacts, all right?
It seems that hotmail/outlook is having some issues with their servers so the iphones can't sync the contacts from them.

try to to go
Settings > Mail, contacts, calendar > open your hotmail account and disable the contacts (it will remove all the contacts from hotmail)

now you can add new contacts without problem.

Wait until microsoft fix their servers and turn on the contacts again.

Help. My iphone 6 keeps deleting contact names but leaving numbers

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.