Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot import files into iPhoto

I have home movie files on an external hard drive that were downloaded there from my old Windows XP computer. They are ".mov", ".mpg", and ".avi" file extensions. When I try to import them into iPhotos on my iMac, running OS X Mavericks, I get a dialog box stating that they cannot be imported. How do I get these movies onto my iMac. Thank you for your help!

iMac, OS X Mavericks (10.9.4)

Posted on Sep 27, 2014 6:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 27, 2014 7:32 PM

There must be compatible with Quicktime formats:

Media formats supported by QuickTime Player

If you can open the movies with Quicktime, save or export within the app to a compatible format. Otherwise you'll have to use another 3r party software to convert those movies, or use another player to view the movies without converting them, but does will not fix your issue with iPhoto.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 27, 2014 7:32 PM in response to Renonv

There must be compatible with Quicktime formats:

Media formats supported by QuickTime Player

If you can open the movies with Quicktime, save or export within the app to a compatible format. Otherwise you'll have to use another 3r party software to convert those movies, or use another player to view the movies without converting them, but does will not fix your issue with iPhoto.

Cannot import files into iPhoto

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.