Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't delete "moments" on iPhone

For iOS 8, I needed to make room to download & update to it so I decided to import all of my pictures from my iPhone onto my MacBook Air. Once the update was finished on my iPhone, I synced my pictures back to my iPhone but instead of going into the regular photo album they all turned into "Events" and "Moments" and it won't let me delete either of them. I tried to plug in my iPhone to my MacBook to see if I could delete the albums from there and it didn't work either. So basically I'm trying to start all over without any photos on my iPhone OR get it back to how it originally was with just the regular photo album.

iPhone 5s, iOS 8

Posted on Sep 27, 2014 7:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 27, 2014 8:09 PM

This is a useful article of how to manage your Photos, with Photos app:

http://www.pocket-lint.com/news/124630-ios-7-photo-and-iphoto-tips-and-tricks-ge tting-the-most-out-of-your-iphone-pictures

7 replies

Sep 27, 2014 8:29 PM in response to camisarpenter

Hi camisarpenter,

With iOS 8, there is no longer a Camera Roll or a Photo Stream album. Photos taken within the last 30 days should show up under the "Recently Added" album. Photos that you sync'd back that are older than 30 days old would be in the Photos section which is divided into a Years>Collections>Moments hierarchy.

Years - self explanatory

Collections - sorted by date ranges or by "Places" if you assign places

Moments - sorted by date

Is that the info you are looking for? And you can delete photos from the Moments level. Tap the Select button in the upper right-hand corner, tap on the photos you want to delete, then click on the trash can to delete them. They will go to the "Recently Deleted" folder under Albums. If you want them completely deleted from the device, you then select those and put them in the Trash can.

Cheers,

GB

May 4, 2015 11:01 PM in response to camisarpenter

All of these replies are terrible. 😐

Try this:

1. Start from the homescreen of your Iphone/pod (for dummies: where all of your "apps" are).

2. Look for an app on your homescreen titled "Photos", when you find it - Click it.

3. When the app opens, go ahead and look towards the bottom of your phonescreen.

You should see a navigation with three different options;

"Photos", "Shared" & "Albums"; Why don't you just go ahead and click on "Albums", there we go - Very nice!

4. On the next screen that appears, it should display your different albums.

Look for "Recently Deleted", and when you find it - Click on it.

It should be on that list somewhere (or there's a problem!).

5. Now you should see a screen displaying all of the recent photos you've deleted.

The term we know as "recent" to iOS is thirty days (that's 720 hours in people-time!).

You will have to click to each individual photo, however at the bottom left-hand cornor of every photo take notice of the 'Delete' option.

You're welcome.😉

May 4, 2015 11:15 PM in response to Xenophontis

Wow. Did you even read the OP's question? The OP was trying to recover the Album structure that they had prior to updating to iOS 8. Also, things have changed dramatically from when the OP posted that question last September. Since then, the Camera Roll and Photo Stream albums have been restored back to the Photos app.

What does the "Recently Deleted" album have to do with any of this?

GB

Can't delete "moments" on iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.