Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 6 Camera Issues: white balance, flash, contrast/skin tones

i can't be the only one who has experienced thsse with the 6 forward facing camera.

1. White balance: a lot of my pics have an unnatural pink hue. The white balance is totally off especially on skin tones. VERY annoying.

2. Flash: in low, ambient light, my flash seems to be much pinker than it should be, unlike the golden flash that the 5s provided. Once again, this leads to horribly pink photos. Also, the flash seems to be far too bright, leaving faces blown out and unpleasantly blotchy.

3. Contrast and skin tones: I've noticEd the contrast is WAY off and either leaves an unpleasant grrunes or blotchy skin tones.

i Have been very disappointed so far with the camera and am considering a refund. Could these be algorithm issues? Or hardware? So frustrating.

iPhone 6, iOS 8

Posted on Sep 27, 2014 8:33 PM

18 replies

Oct 19, 2014 10:42 AM in response to Jennjoy521

I'm very disappointed in most of the photos taken with my new iPhone 6. I felt like I got better looking photos from my old 4S. I can't believe I spent so much money on a new phone to have such a crappy camera. I'm extremely unhappy with the panoramas on the iPhone 6. Everything is too bright and washed out. I feel like I need to go out and buy a point and shoot camera because I don't like using my iPhone to take pictures now. 😟

Dec 27, 2014 9:57 AM in response to Jennjoy521

i want to give you an idea as to just how much the white balance is off. here is an iPhone 6 shot. yes tungsten lighting. i look like a lobster.

User uploaded file

now here is a shot from a Pentax DSLR. With the color balance as correct as possible. this is what i actually look like, not pink at all.

the white balance for the iPhone 6 seems off mostly with artificial lighting.

User uploaded file

Dec 28, 2014 12:11 PM in response to TAzZ4EvEr

My very first iPhone6 had a row of dead pixels and a mis-alined front camera, it clicked on the right side and the camera also did what yours is doing. i took a close up picture of a green couch and there was this blueness in the center, which actually looks like what you have going on there.

Either you are blocking light that is pinkish and causing a shadow in the image. Cameras are more sensitive to color temperatures than the eyes. Or your camera sensor is bad.

iPhone 6 Camera Issues: white balance, flash, contrast/skin tones

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.