Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to upload App Preview

iTunes Connect refuses to successfully upload my App Preview

I am following all specified (mandatory) directions by Apple to upload an App Preview to the 4-inch category.

All Video specifications have been met

I am Using the mandatory OS

I am Using Safari

iTunes Connect allows me to 'Choose File' and it appear that the upload is happening... but is just spins and spins and spins.

The 'Save' button never activates.

I get it... maybe I am doing something wrong, but please... just tell me what that is. I will happily fix it. But I get no failure message, no detailed instruction, zips.

I am unable to find any documentation on this issue online.

Any ideas?

MacBook Pro, Other OS, Apple specified operating system

Posted on Sep 27, 2014 9:59 PM

7 replies

Oct 1, 2014 5:40 PM in response to ejimmyd

We're having a similar issue. We were able to successfully upload a 1334x750 preview video for iPhone 6 and save the meta data.

However, we are unable to successfully save 1920x1080 (5.5 and 4 inch) or 1200x900 (iPad) videos. Our videos meet all video/audio specs and are less then 50Mb.

The videos appear to upload but then we see errors like the attached. We are even able to change the poster frame with this error message but when we try to save our metadata, it won't save.

User uploaded file

Dec 8, 2014 10:09 AM in response to ejimmyd

I also had this problem today and although there is no guidance in the on screen messages in iTunes connect i decided to try reducing the size of the file which after exporting from iMove was around 39MB. So i loaded it into handbrake https://handbrake.fr/ ensured i manually configured the picture settings so that the output settings were the same as the source which means the resolution will stay the same and then uploaded it to iTunes connect. It worked first time of trying so can only assume this issue is related to file size. Hope this helps.

Dec 19, 2014 3:36 PM in response to mitchbou

Alright. I tried Handbrake, but it is not very flexible. Although I had a video that was 1080x1920, it insisted on making it 1080x1918. Pesky.

I finally purchased iSkySoft Video Editor for Mac which enabled me to edit it as well, and to generate it exactly to the right size. Then it went into iTunes like a charm.

It is not free, but sometimes there are economies that become expensive. Let alone in aggravation 😉

http://www.iskysoft.com/video-editor-mac.html

Oct 8, 2015 8:31 AM in response to ejimmyd

Same problem here.. I was able to get the 4.7 inch video to upload after using HandBrake like some of the other users here have suggested, but now when trying to upload videos for other device sizes, it just sits there spinning. Been letting it spin for about 2 hours now.

Really disappointed that a fortune 500 company like apple can't seem to get something like a simple video upload to be user friendly. Get your stuff together Apple.

EDIT:

Also, its a real shame that this problem has been around for OVER A YEAR.

Oct 8, 2015 11:59 AM in response to SentreStage

Apple is in the business of selling hardware, and it is pretty good at it. In order for the customer experience to be the best, it fixes very stringent rules, such as the Human Interface Guidelines one better adhere to, otherwise the app is simply rejected by zealous reviewers.

I'll say they got their shot pretty together, to be the most profitable company ever. But who is any one of us developers in regards to 58 billions revenue in Q2 ? Even the most profitable publisher is like one of these dentist birds who clean hippopotamuses teeth. We are petty creatures dealing with the most powerful player, who sits unchallenged on top of the food chain.

For better or worse, iTunes is their shop, their rules, their way or the highway...

Unable to upload App Preview

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.