Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

8.0.2 on my 5c/ Says Invalid SIM after it made me refresh my phone, what do I do?

I did the 8.0 change, then noticed the update to 8.0.2, so I went to do the update, it got stuck and then said to connect to iTunes on my computer, so I had to wait until I was home...Upon doing that, it made me refresh it, losing all my Apps and Photo's I had on there, now it says "Invalid SIM" where the carrier name usually is...Now what??

Posted on Sep 27, 2014 10:23 PM

1 reply

Sep 30, 2014 9:55 AM in response to Spirit Man

Hi Spirit Man,

If you are having issues with an Invalid SIM message on your iPhone after a restore from Recovery Mode (the screen instructing you to Connect to iTunes), you may find the following article helpful:

If you see 'No SIM' alert on iPhone

If you have been syncing your data to iTunes and the data on your computer is current and complete, you may be able to sync it back to your iPhone. If you have a recent backup to iCloud or iTunes, you may also be able to restore your iPhone data from that backup. You may find the following articles helpful:

iOS: Syncing your data with iTunes

Back up and restore your iOS device with iCloud or iTunes

Regards,

- Brenden

8.0.2 on my 5c/ Says Invalid SIM after it made me refresh my phone, what do I do?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.