Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cant delete songs from iCloud / iTunes Match

I have an album that I cannt get rid of in iTunes Match.

I have follwed this KB: iTunes Store: How to delete songs from iCloud but when I click "remove songs from iCloud" the songs will disappear.

However, once I click on Store > Updates iTunes Match, they always show back up in my songs in iTunes.

Is it possible to delete songs from iTunes Match?

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2014), OS X Mavericks (10.9.5)

Posted on Sep 28, 2014 12:56 AM

9 replies

Sep 28, 2014 9:31 AM in response to Jimzgoldfinch

Jim,

Thanks for the reply. But if I add new songs to my library, and then do "update iTunes Match", those songs I thought I deleted will re-appear again.

Also, when I delete those songs from Match, they won't go away from my iPad, and are still there.

My question is, once you put music into iCloud / iTiunes Match, how are you supposed to delete it completely once you decide you no longer want the music on any of your devices?

Oct 12, 2014 8:16 PM in response to Jimzgoldfinch

I have been using iTunes/iCloud for a long time so I know how it's supposed to work. That's a FYI.

The problem stated above is happening to me as well. I can delete the iCloud library completely but when I try to add new music the entire cloud library shows back up. That is what the OP is trying to sat as well.

If I just close iTunes, when I start it up again, there is the entire cloud library again. I don't have to touch "update iTunes".

These songs are showing up on my iPhone as well. None have been downloaded. They have the cloud with the down arrow next to them.

Oct 12, 2014 11:30 PM in response to StyxTx

HI

You have deleted the matched or uploaded tracks from your computer? Do they reappear on your computer? Do you has ios 8 on your iPhone?

SInce I updated to iOS 8 on my iPad, I have had problems updating the library. Adding new music no problem but deleting tracks from match on my computer leaves greyed out copy on the iPad. Usually turning off match then back on reloads current library. I believe ios 8 has introduced additional problems.

JIm

Oct 13, 2014 5:14 AM in response to Jimzgoldfinch

I still have iOs 7.1.2 on my iphone because I'm about to get a new iphone 6. However, this is the first time I've tried doing anything with iTunes since the most recent update. Never had a problem with earlier versions. I'm thinking it has something to do with the version of iTunes.

The original files are not on my PC.

When I turn on iTunes on my phone all the songs are listed there but not paled out.

Oh well, my account is due to be renewed in 2 weeks so I guess I'll cancel it. Thx anyway.

Jun 15, 2015 11:58 PM in response to CubedRoot

Hi did OP or anyone else find a solution to this? I will try deauthorising when i get home but since this wasn't successful for everyone i wanted to know if Apple rep or any other solutions have been found since.

Devices

- iPhone 6 Plus (64GB UK model running latest update)

- MacBook Pro 13" MY12 running Yosemite

Scenario.

- i have been using iTunes Match for a few months ( i know the general operation, i have read the how to delete article that somebody has also posted above)

- My music collection was a bit messy so I organised my entire library, fixed song names, fixed album art, deleted duplicates and deleted old albums that i didn't want any more (mp3 ripped from my CD collection not iTunes store purchases)

- My MacBook iTunes library is nicely organised with all the music i want but my iPhone still shows old albums that i have deleted (yes i clicked yes when it asked about deleting from iCloud) including duplicates which is really annoying!

- iTunes Match has been updated

For now i have turned Match off on my iPhone because it seems the library that's on the cloud is wrong despite the fact that iTunes on my MacBook see's my correct library.

Please can somebody help me fix my Match Cloud library to reflect my MacBook iTunes library which is nicely organised

Thanks

Cant delete songs from iCloud / iTunes Match

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.