Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Contact photo shifts after setting it

hi,

Im having an issue where id set a photo from my library to a contact photo.

I select a photo from the recently added album, hit add to contact, move the circle so that it fits the face then tap "choose".

I go to the contact in my contact list, and it appears correct. I wait 3-4 seconds and it shifts away from the selection i chose.

It does it to most photos that i set but not all. I find that if i crop a photo so that the face is fairly in the centre, it doesnt move as much or at all, but then when i get a call from the person, the photo is really zoomed in to the cropped photo and looks a bit odd, instead of the standard portrait shot.

Not sure why its not just letting me keep the first selection..

iPhone 6, iOS 8

Posted on Sep 28, 2014 2:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 28, 2014 3:19 AM

Another update.. some photos set through the contact app still shift..

So its still an issue..

6 replies

Sep 28, 2014 9:17 AM in response to Adi...

Yes! I'm having EXACTLY the same problem. I've tried setting the photos through Contacts (on my Mac) or iCloud.com, but neither of those work either. On the Mac any changes I make don't update on my iOS devices, and on iCloud.com the photo still shifts.

Incredibly annoying. Now every time i open favourites or double-tap for the app switcher, I have to see poorly cropped half-photos. Very un-Apple like.

(iPhone 6, iOS 8.0.2)

Oct 3, 2014 9:22 PM in response to MrFebs

Hi MrFebs,

yes that worked for me too. Thanks for that.

The only problem i then found was that when that person calls you (or you call them), the pic is small and in the top corner.

I found if you then edit it one more time on your phone, the image goes to full screen when they call, and it doesnt shift thereafter.

Cheers.

Sep 28, 2014 9:30 AM in response to Adi...

Adi, actually I've found a way to fix this. It's a workaround, but it works (for me).

- Set the photo in iOS Contacts / Phone app, and wait for it to shift to the wrong position.

- Go into iCloud.com, Contacts, then re-position the photo.

- It should then automatically update (and save) on your iOS devices too.

Hope that works for you as well! Annoying though.

Cheers.

Contact photo shifts after setting it

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.