Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 6 plus home button noise.

Hi, two days ago I bought a 64gb iPhone 6 plus and I've noticed that when i press the home button, I get different click noise each time. In addition, it feels like I can sort of move the home button around a little. My question is, is this a defect of some kind or are all the new iPhones like that.

Posted on Sep 28, 2014 6:37 AM

17 replies

Nov 5, 2014 5:15 PM in response to Dalmar46

SOLUTION! 😉 I have the 64Fb iPhone 6plus. I was having major home button clicking issues pretty quickly after purchasing. It seems to get worse gradually. I cleaned the home button (WHILE POWERED OFF!!!!!) with a qtip BARELY moistened with rubbing alcohol. Worked PERFECT! Totally like new in seconds. Check out this YouTube video - it's with the 5s... But same issue. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUMrLZJqP6g&sns=em

Nov 18, 2014 8:25 AM in response to fastasyoucan82

I also have the 64 GB iPhone 6 Plus Space Grey and after two display (includes Home Button) replacments and 1 full device replacement and I end up with this issue. My home button is LOUD and CLICKY every time I press to the point it feels plasticky...I will probably go into the Apple Store and demand a perfect (or at least close to perfect) full device replacement and inspect in front of the Genius to try to pinpoint any issues. If they do not comply, I'll just call Apple Care and set up an Express or Standard Replacement.

However, I do not suggest you do that. Last time I rubbed alcohol on my iPad mini 2's home button, it messed up the software and I got a replacement.

I'll tell y'all how it goes!😉

Dec 17, 2014 7:55 AM in response to KamilSG1

I've had one replaced already. It is very solid at first and then gets uncomfortably "clicky". I wouldn't accept that it's supposed to be that way. There is a clear issue, and you can feel a market difference between a new one and one with a clicky or collapsed button. It doesn't feel right, consistent, or solid, and it's wobbly. My replaced one started doing it last night so am getting it replaced again. Hopefully Apple will finally have enough of the defective ones to figure out a redesign that works.

Dec 17, 2014 8:36 AM in response to snhroc

I also have the 64 GB iPhone 6 Plus Space Grey and after two display (includes Home Button) replacments and 1 full device replacement and I end up with this issue. My home button is LOUD and CLICKY every time I press to the point it feels plasticky...I went back and they offered to replace my screen but it still had issues with slow/no response when pressing the sleep/wake button. Again back to the Apple Store and they finally gave me a brand new replacement I am happy with. You can try some rubbing alcohol on a cotton swab though...

However, I do not suggest you do that. Last time I rubbed alcohol on my iPad mini 2's home button, it messed up the software and I got a replacement.

Tell me how it goes!

Jan 7, 2015 11:34 AM in response to KamilSG1

This happened to me once about a month after getting a 128GB iPhone 6. The button seemed to become shaky, and when I pressed down it felt like the button was crunching down on something. Got that replaced with a new phone, and now the second one is starting to show signs of succumbing to the same issue. I will try the alcohol cleaning I saw on the referenced youtube video. If that doesn't work I'll be working on a 3rd phone. Come on Apple! We go around bragging about how great your products are and then this kind of simple stuff trips you up?!

Mar 7, 2015 5:14 AM in response to whiterockrealtor

Hello everyone,

I got the same issues here. I bought an iPhone 6 plus 64GB Space Grey. I bought it about 2 month. Day by day the home button start to become noisy and glitchy. Everytime I press the home button everyone in the room hear the sound very clear.

I brought it to an Apple Third Party store in my country. but the staff there seem not really care about my issue. They said unless the home button is completely broke. How could I do?

Day by day the sound become louder and louder. I really feel uncomfortable about this. And I just feel that my iPhone is going to be broken soon.

Note: my phone has official warranty from Apple.

any Idea? Thanks in advance.

Apr 4, 2015 11:24 AM in response to KamilSG1

I Just got the iPhone 6 plus yesterday,my home button has a lot of play.it moves around to much,called apple support and she told me that the home button should not have any play what so ever.that it was a manufacturer problem and most likely apple will swap it out.my question is don't they test these products befor distribution.....now I have to go out of my way to go exchange it,in case I didnt mention this will be my 2nd time....😢

iPhone 6 plus home button noise.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.