Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Shortcuts: Change brightness to F1 and F2 key from

Good morning All.

The F1 and F2 keys on my Apple Wireless Keyboard no longer control the brightness settings for my LED Cinema Display. The shortcut has changed to F14 and F15. The keyboard itself still works fine - and the F1 and F2 buttons do still work. It's not a hardware issue. I'm on OS X 10.9.4. I've had this Mac Mini for 2 years, sometime in the last 10 days this shortcut changed.

I want to change the shortcut to F14/F15 to F1/F2 . I called Apple to ask how I could change the shortcut back to F1 and F2, but they did no know the answer. I've gone to Keyboard Settings/Shortcut/Display - and I see "Decrease display brightness" set to F14. Above that it says "To change a shortcut, select it, click the key combination, and then type the new keys" I could not figure out what that implied since I don't have an F14 or F15 button on my keyboard.

Thanks for anyone's help! I can barely use the screen now, too dark!

-Awatto1976

Mac mini, OS X Mavericks (10.9.4), Apple Wireless Keyboard

Posted on Sep 28, 2014 7:07 AM

2 replies

Shortcuts: Change brightness to F1 and F2 key from

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.