Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Remove device from Back to My Mac

Hello,

I have recently vacated a MacBook Pro running Mavericks as it was repurposed. I logged out of iCloud and deleted my account, but the computer remains in my sharing list on all my computers, as if Back to My Mac didn't get the memo. How can I manually remove this computer?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.3)

Posted on Sep 28, 2014 7:14 AM

6 replies

Jul 11, 2015 9:42 PM in response to Lithium3fun

Hi, Lithium3fun; did you ever find a solution to the old server showing up in your sidebar list of macs shared with "Back to My Mac"? I've got the same issue--I deleted my iCloud account from that Mac, then secure deleted my user folder. I then gave it to a coworker, who has set it up on his iCloud account. And yet, it still shows up in my list of shared servers. I have no idea how to make it go away other than by unclicking "Back to My Mac" in the Finder Preferences for the Sidebar, which I don't want to do because I have other Macs I sometimes want to share...

Remove device from Back to My Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.