Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Aperture automatically un-reject some pictures ..

My Aperture was perfectly working so far ...

but since several days/eeks, I cannot use the "reject" function anymore :

- As soon as I reject 1 picture, it disappear (which is OK : I filter on "non noted or above")

- As soon as I reject a 2nd picture; the 2nd disappear (which is OK) but the 1st one re-eappear and is not rejected anymore (back to its previous stars note ...)

I'm in a so-kind of infinite loop where rejecting a photo automatically un-reject the previous one ...

I did try to repair permission or repair the library but did not improve the situation.

Any way to solve this ?

Thanks

iMac, OS X Mavericks (10.9.5)

Posted on Sep 28, 2014 8:28 AM

12 replies

Sep 29, 2014 3:36 AM in response to Yoyor94

(Revised)

How are you rejecting? There are commands in Aperture that apply the rating "Reject" and remove the last rating applied. (Hover your mouse cursor over the "X" on the Control Bar to see a Tool-tip listing these.) These involve the use of Modifier Keys. It seems that either you are using Modifier Keys and executing one of these commands, or else your machine is reading one or more Modifier Keys as being "down". The following may help:

Post back with what you find out.

Oct 4, 2014 1:15 AM in response to Yoyor94

Did you restart the system after trashing the preferences? That is essential with MacOS X Mavericks. A simple log-off and log-on does no longer suffice. If you did not restart after removing the preferences, remove them again and try again.

This time, in addition to (~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.Aperture.plist),

remove the folder ~/Library/Containers/com.apple.Aperture/

Oct 12, 2014 7:08 AM in response to léonie

Hi

Yes I did restart the computer (not only session) after each try.

Did re-try removing the /Library/container/... folder also : this is not solving the issue

I think this has something to do with my library then ? But even rebuilding permissions or anything else could not help ...

For your information, all my picture are handled within the Aperture library (not external folder with a link to Aperture) ...

This is really frustrating : I could not figure out how useful the "reject" option is before this issue ...

Thanks again for your help.

Oct 12, 2014 9:30 AM in response to Yoyor94

So finally this is not created from my library !

This is getting even more difficult to find out ?!

Now try the same from a different user account. This will tell us, if trashing preferences and presets from your current user account can help.

You could try the Guest user account, if you do not have a second user account.

Oct 12, 2014 10:53 AM in response to Yoyor94

Then the problem is system wide, or you are consistently using a wrong "reject" key.

Check the folder in the System Library on your Macintosh HD

/Library/Application Support/Aperture/Command Sets

if any system wide command modifications are installed.

If not, back up the system and reinstall Aperture.

Try to remember, if you installed any new software, directly before this problem started.

Oct 12, 2014 11:02 AM in response to léonie

Thanks a lot : I'm not sure I understood your 'using a wrong reject key" comment but this help finding out my issue ... which was pure my fault !

I'm using a french keyboard (don't know if this is same for any US keyboard):

- Don't ask me why : I was rejecting the pictures via keyboard shortcut : SHIFT+9

- SHIFT+9 : it looks like this shortcut is "unrejecting previous picture" while reject the new one

- While using the menu "reject picture" : everything is fine

- I shall use the "9" key alone (without SHIFT) and it works well

1 day on another, my brain decided to switch to this new shortcut ... do not know why.

There was no problem except me it looks like ..;

Thanks again for your help.

Aperture automatically un-reject some pictures ..

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.