Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

boot camp installation hangs at realtek audio stepSearch or ask a question

I am trying to install boot camp for win 7 home prem 64 bits on Mac Pro laptop. The boot camp installer is hanging at the Realtek audio step. I tried other versions of boot camp, version 4.0.4326 and it complained that it did not support this system. I tried version 5.0.5033 and it complained that it did not support 64 bit. Any suggestions?

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mavericks (10.9.1)

Posted on Sep 28, 2014 11:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 26, 2015 11:22 AM

I'm having the same issue with Windows 10. Anyone found a fix for this? I tried going into the Bootcamp installer folder and install Realtek drivers manually which succeeded, but when I launch the Bootcamp installer again, it still gets stuck when installing Realtek drivers.

132 replies

Nov 13, 2015 1:05 AM in response to hermanfromsan gabriel

I found a solution, when the installation hangs at realtek audio:

1. DO NOT turn it off

2. go to your bootcamp folder, manually install the realtek driver, DO NOT restart

3. after manully setup, open Task Manage, and kill the "RealtekSetup" process

4. bootcamp will skip the Realte, and have fun

Nov 13, 2015 5:15 PM in response to hermanfromsan gabriel

I am so thankful I found this. I am having the same issue on a new 13" 2015 MBP retina. Bootcamp installs Windows 10 fine but the setup hangs at the Realtek step. I tried installing manually without luck and couldn't get the trackpad to word so I could right click on anything. After 20 minutes on the phone with Apple Support I was told it was a Windows issue with the drivers they supplied and they can't help me. They suggested that I contact Microsoft. I did and they couldn't help since it was an Apple product.

I wanted to clarify that in the above solution, click control+option+delete to get to task manager. It will show "Setup" as the running process. Do not end this task. Instead click on "More Details" at the bottom and scroll down to find "Realtek Setup". The instructions by lincizy were exactly correct, but you have to expand the "More Details" to find it. I am now running Windows 10 and have a working trackpad.

Thank you so much lincizy!

Nov 26, 2015 8:46 PM in response to hermanfromsan gabriel

This totally worked for more recent installs of MacOS too (ie: El Capitan).

Reply Recommendedby lincizy on Nov 13, 2015 1:05 AM

I found a solution, when the installation hangs at realtek audio:

1. DO NOT turn it off

2. go to your bootcamp folder, manually install the realtek driver, DO NOT restart

3. after manully setup, open Task Manage, and kill the "RealtekSetup" process

4. bootcamp will skip the Realte, and have fun

boot camp installation hangs at realtek audio stepSearch or ask a question

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.