Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wireless keyboard right shift don't work with some keys but left shift works

So, this is really a strange behaviour under Mavericks 10.9.5

My right shift doesn't like some "keys" and some keys don't like the shifts ( either left or right ). For example:

doing a " ? " or a " B " or a " % " with the right shift doesn't work. I mean, after i remove the batteries and stay without using the keyboard for a day or two, when i get back to it, it works for a couple of minutes. But after that... i just can do a capital B or a ? with the right ****. Although i can do all other characters.

the " t " key is another one. No caps here, with either left or right shift key. But the key by itself is working just fine.

So i'm not really 100% convinced it's an hardware fault, because the all keys are working properly in other situations.

Any idea about this strange behaviour?

thank you for your time,

Regards

Pedro.

Posted on Sep 28, 2014 11:20 AM

1 reply

Sep 30, 2014 2:15 PM in response to Postmodum

Hello Postmodum,

Check out the article below and turn on the keyboard viewer to see what happens to the keyboard when you press the right shift key. You may find out that it may be linked to add another combination of keys, which can produce the odd behavior that you are describing.

One or more keys on the keyboard do not respond

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1381

Regards,

-Norm G.

Wireless keyboard right shift don't work with some keys but left shift works

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.