Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is it true that the iPhone 6 plus has an issue with bending easily?

Is it true that the iphone 6 plus bends too easily?

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8

Posted on Sep 28, 2014 11:44 AM

54 replies

Sep 28, 2014 2:24 PM in response to Tehki88

Yes, I watched that video. It's rather amusing, but means nothing, unless you're one of those people who believes everything you see or read. If you are, being gullible must suit you well.

A good buddy of mine has a 6 +. I watched him try to bend it. He's more muscular than the dude in this video and he put a lot of pressure on the phone and it didn't bend. Not at all. There's also a CNN video where the reporter tried to bend one and too couldn't.

Sep 28, 2014 2:55 PM in response to lobsterghost1

Try bending it from where the volume buttons are, not from the center. It will bend easily. The reason we aren't seeing more proof is because these phones are rare and expensive, not everyone has a youtube channel where they get paid for bending the iPhone so it's tough to find good tests of this. Here is a great site though; http://www.oneofthenine.com

Sep 28, 2014 2:59 PM in response to Fredo5227

ANY phone clad in Aluminum can bend, not just iPhone. But the real question is WHY ON EARTH WOULD I EVEN TRY TO BEND MY PHONE? It's stupid to try and proves what? That with enough strength, you can bend one? Will it bend under normal conditions? Of course not. If I have to try to bend it, I don't care where, it's a foolish thing to do. You can do the same thing with a Samsung a HTC a Sony and many other phones.

What's your point?

Sep 28, 2014 3:03 PM in response to lobsterghost1

Watch tons of other videos of people bending phones, they don't bend as easily as the iPhone. Why do you think it is so hard to bend the 6 and 6 Plus in the middle but they all bend easily by the volume buttons? There is a weak spot. People like you are trying to cover this issue up which means Apple doesn't fix the issue. They need to fix it so we get better phones. It will bend under normal conditions, that's what has been happening to multiple people. It doesn't bend after being in your pocket once, it gives way little by little from small bends over time. There have been plenty of 6 and 6 Pluses bent after one week, imagine after 6 months....

I used to take my 5S out of its leather Apple case with such extreme force and it's not bent at all. I have my 6 in a rigid case and I had to take it out so carefully but I probably still bent it just a little so if I take it out multiple times over time it will probably have a slight bend to it.

Sep 28, 2014 3:07 PM in response to dmparker

Look at these videos:

Guy bending iPhone 6 plus with his hands: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZtEwpU9310&list=UUePDOqbBTOu28LsfNlT-VVg

Bent iPhone 6 at Apple store: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEEmZZXw0ts

Bent iPhone 6 at Verizon store: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FU8i7sdQ1HI

Guy demonstrating how the iPhone 6 could be bent in front pocket: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQxX_x3HTXQ&list=WL&index=53

Sep 28, 2014 3:10 PM in response to Fredo5227

I'm not trying to cover anything up. You're trying to make something a big issue that simply isn't. The phone has now been in people's hands for well over a week. And yet, I've not seen one post from someone here who can show their own phone bent. You can show as many video's of bent phones as you want, but this is the one forum on the planet people would come to if their personal phone bent.

You're really wasting your time if your point is the phone can bend IF enough pressure is asserted. Any phone can bend with enough pressure. So what? The phone won't bend under normal use and with some degree of common sense.

Maybe you don't have common sense, but I along with millions of users will take care of our phones.

Sep 28, 2014 3:24 PM in response to Fredo5227

Huh?

You said "Watch tons of other videos of people bending phones, they don't bend as easily as the iPhone."

You began comparing them to other phones, and now you say no one cares about other phones? Why did you bring it up? The study I linked recounts the tests that prove that some bend more easily and some less. None bend easily.

You also said:"We also don't want Apple to be successful at covering this up"

Covering what up. The study shows that the iPhone does not bend easily, nor do any of the other phones studied.

"They need to fix it so we get better phones. It will bend under normal conditions, that's what has been happening to multiple people."

This is simply no true. You complain when people site actual studies about this, but then you make sweeping and false statements. Does not seem like you are interested in the truth at all.

"There have been plenty of 6 and 6 Pluses bent after one week,"

Apple reports 9 cases and they resolved them.

"I used to take my 5S out of its leather Apple case with such extreme force and it's not bent at all. I have my 6 in a rigid case and I had to take it out so carefully but I probably still bent it just a little so if I take it out multiple times over time it will probably have a slight bend to it."

There is no reason to believe that this is true. Again, you seem to be making this up completely.

Is it true that the iPhone 6 plus has an issue with bending easily?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.