Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud has wrong email and won't let me change it

Trying to use same email for Apple ID and iCloud. My iPad will not let me change the email address associated with iCloud and therefore I cannot access nor update iCloud. I've tried everything I can possibly find but nothing works as the email address keeps reverting to one I do not use and do not have the password for. What to do???

Posted on Sep 28, 2014 1:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 28, 2014 2:00 PM

Is this an old iCloud ID that you have since updated to a newer ID?

Also, what version of iOS are you running?

9 replies

Sep 28, 2014 8:55 PM in response to TGold

If Find My iPad is turned on, you won't be able to sign out of the old ID without providing the password. If you don't have the password, you can change it as explained here: iCloud: Change your iCloud password. If you are unable to, contact the Apple account security team for your country for help changing it: Apple ID: Contacting Apple for help with Apple ID account security. If your country isn't listed, you can ask iTunes store support for help by filling out this form: https://www.apple.com/emea/support/itunes/contact.html.

iCloud has wrong email and won't let me change it

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.