Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ios8 leave group chat/conversation

I was very excited to hear about this feature in ios8. Unfortunately it doesn't seem to work. Most of my group text conversations don't have the option to "Leave Conversation". I read somewhere that there needs to be at least 4 people involved in the conversation to have this option, is this true? And if so, why? That seems a very useless requirement. I've been stuck in a 3 person conversation for over a month now! I tried the "Do Not Disturb" option, but this seems to be broken as well. I still get notifications popping up at the top of my screen whenever someone sends a message in that convo. This is very disappointing. Hoping this gets fixed in a future patch.

Also, while I'm here, I might as well say this too: I tried to post this question twice from my iPhone 6, but for whatever reason this page (where you fill out the form to submit a question) is broken. None of the text that you write shows up on the screen. And you cannot "Post" the question.

Posted on Sep 28, 2014 12:51 PM

1 reply

Sep 28, 2014 1:17 PM in response to daftjunk

The following quotations are from Send a group message with your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If the group message is using iMessage and has more than three participants, you can leave the conversation. Tap Details. Then tap Leave this Conversation.

Leave this Conversation might not be available if there are only three people in the group iMessage or if the group message uses MMS.

Note in particular that most of that refers to iMessage, not MMS group messages. This is a user-to-user support forum; you may also want to provide suggestion/feedback directly to Apple at https://www.apple.com/feedback/iphone.html

ios8 leave group chat/conversation

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.