Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Aperture EXIF shows incorrect time zone

I'm having an issue with photos from multiple cameras.

I bring them into Aperture and format the file name as date-hours-min-sec.

The titles all work out fine, but when I look at the EXIF information, the time zone in the "Date" field (when I select 'EXIF Info' and then look at the 'Date' field from the 'Info' tab) is always PDT (my home time zone).

The EXIF time is actually correct in the local time zone (which is say in Africa, for example UTC+2 (CAT) instead of PDT), but Aperture continues to show PDT. So for example it will show 9PM, but it is 9PM in CAT, not 9PM in PDT.

If there something simple I am doing incorrect here?

When moving between time zones, I take all my cameras and adjust the time zone to the correct local time zone. So I would think every file "knows" that it is in the proper time zone, and I assume this would carry over when importing into Aperture. But I guess not?

Any tips would be great! Thanks!

OS X Mavericks (10.9.1)

Posted on Sep 28, 2014 1:50 PM

2 replies

Sep 28, 2014 2:17 PM in response to aquestionortwo

When you import photos, Aperture uses by default the timezone that is currently set as your system time.

You can tell Aperture in the in the Import panel > Import settings, what the camera timezone was when you took the pictures. Use the "import Settings" drop down menu to add the Time Zone brick to the settings. Then set "Camera Time" to the timezone the camera was set to, and actual time to the timezone it should have been.

User uploaded file

If you did not set the correct timezone when importing, you can do it now using the Metadata > Batch Change command.

I hope, the screenshot will show in spite of the currently messed up forum software.

Aperture EXIF shows incorrect time zone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.