Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

still no service after iOS 8.2, will there be another update soon?

I haven't hardly had any service in a week. iOS 8.0.2 DID NOT fix anything and I still have no cell service and my wifi is very slow. I am very upset and highly disappointed in Apple. This makes 2 new updates now, when will there be another one to fix the problem for good?

iPhone 5c, iOS 8

Posted on Sep 28, 2014 4:20 PM

9 replies

Sep 28, 2014 4:31 PM in response to mvernon4

If after 8.0.2 you are not getting cell service, you have a problem and you should have your phone evaluated. You could have a bad SIM card, or your device could be defective, but you have something wrong and waiting for the next update isn't likely going to do anything for you. Start with your cell carrier and get a new SIM card. If that doesn't work, make an appointment at the Apple Genius Bar near you to have your phone checked out.

Oct 2, 2014 12:51 PM in response to mvernon4

I upgraded my iPhone 5 on AT&T to iOS 8 on its day 1 with no trouble. Upgraded to 8.0.2 (never 8.0.1) and cannot use my phone as a phone. Originally thought it was an OS problem but it may be AT&T: My daughter is reporting same symptoms with her iPhone 3GS running iOS 7.1.1.

Contacted AT&T (before knowing daughter's symptoms) and was told a technician would contact me later.

On my iPhone 5 8.0.2...

Signal strength seems normal. AT&T carrier shows. When LTE is allowed in settings, 4G/LTE data signal shows but switches and disappears randomly (while sitting still). When LTE is disallowed in settings, no data signal is present. Outgoing calls always fail. Incoming calls never arrive. Callers immediately go to voicemail which arrives. Texts are sent and received but with delays up to several hours. Battery drain seems excessive when idle but not alarmingly so, just faster than normal perhaps due to trying to find data signal.

My iPhone 5 has always had trouble locking on signal, data and voice, when traveling. Device restart would square things away. Not this time.

Oct 3, 2014 8:35 PM in response to mvernon4

I have a new 5c

Updated to 8.0.1

Cell use is spotty.

Call ATT they test - no issues

Recommend that I run the update to 8.0.2

Ok - do that.

Still having the same issues.

Call Apple Support --

They have me test sim card -- ok

They have me restore to new with 8.0.2

Same issues cell use is spotty

Loud - Static - Call Drops.

5 minutes later it works just fine.

Crystal clear calls via facetime voice or video.

Can text.

3-5 bars - 4G - LTE --- this does not matter it is still the same.

Sometimes rebooting my phone fixes the problem but not always.

Oct 3, 2014 8:53 PM in response to mvernon4

when you updated did you get a pop up saying New Carrier Update available? If so did you accept?

I am a certified repair tech and most of the time I see this issue is when updating and using an older backup. Also as an app developer I am currently running IOS 8.1b1 this update address the bluetooth/WiFi issues present and to enable Apple Pay. As far as Carrier/Service I was having no issues prior to testing the new OS version. the update should be pushed out on or before the 20th.

iPhone 5s IOS 8.1b1

still no service after iOS 8.2, will there be another update soon?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.