Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 4S - No Cellular Data Activity After Updating To iOS 8.0.2

My phone is unable to activate and/or use cellular data after updating to iOS 8. I have already installed 8.0.2 which promised to fix these issues; and it has not. Google Maps, Chrome, Safari, iMessage...none of these features work unless connected to WiFi. E-mail does not update and the phone is entirely useless without WiFi (even regular phone calls are sporadic). I am at a time in my life where having constant and reliable access to my e-mail, GPS, text messages and phone calls is vital to my daily life, as well as my future (new job application responses, current job responsibilities, etc.) Can anyone help with these issues? If not, Apple has surely lost a customer. Totally unacceptable.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help!

Note- I had NONE of these issues prior to the dreadful update.

iPhone 4S, iOS 8, Cellular Data Issue

Posted on Sep 28, 2014 6:02 PM

9 replies

Oct 30, 2014 9:17 AM in response to PeterTun

I'm a developer. I had this problem with my app for about a week until I found the culprit. For reasons the are not clear, my Ajax calls came back with an extra "0" on the return, which threw everything off for my app. This only happened on AT&T. It worked fine with all other providers. I found the solution in Stack and then implemented it. Fixed it for us.

Here is the problem & solution for other developers having the same problem.

The problem is apparently unique to AT&T, and is described below with a proposed solutuion.

Not sure if this is a result of AT&T throttling, or some other issue unique to them, but I just wanted to make sure other developers were aware of it because my team and I wasted a full week trying to relolve this.

iPhone 4S - No Cellular Data Activity After Updating To iOS 8.0.2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.