Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Endless Problems with IOS8.0.2 update IPAD

Having endless problems With new update. I was WARNED not to download the new update on my IPad as other family members were having nothing but problems with the HUGE sized update. But curiosity got he better of me. Really wish I didn't as have had nothing but problems with screen freezing on a regular basis, can't text, certainly a lot slower in responses. I'm constantly losing work as the screen freezes before I can save or send information on the web, emails for work etc. So angry I'm losing documents on a regular basis. But am wondering, does Apple even reply to these complaints as can't see any ??

iPad (4th gen) Wi-Fi + Cellular (MM), iOS 8

Posted on Sep 28, 2014 6:03 PM

14 replies

Sep 28, 2014 10:26 PM in response to barbiQLD

I was about to update but, decided to come here first to see if anyone was having problems with it. I'm glad I did. However, my screen blacks out now. Certain apps will shut down especially when I click on a link to read an article or watch a video on FB. I'm going to wait until Apple works out the kinks. I always suspect that Apple is purposefully trying to crash devices in order to get you to buy a new one. I hope that's not the case. Besides, I wouldn't buy another Apple device if mine crashed. I've heard great things about Samsung. Nobody I know with a Samsung Galaxy has had problems with updates. You would think you could trust an update sent directly from the company. Geesh!

Sep 28, 2014 11:14 PM in response to Kyrunya

I Brought my iPad into best buy and tested against other tablets there (Surface, Samsung, kindle, etc). Since updating to iOS8 my iPad 2 has been a dog. In best buy it was smoked by the other tablets. constantly freezing or crashing. I bet I had 20 people watching me. The apple rep said I need to upgrade my iPad. Yes, I should spend more money to accommodate Apple. That's just stupid.

i left best buy with a surface. now at home, the surface is loaded with stuff, my iPad was reset, thus no apps and the iPad still freezes and very choppy. apple really has egg on their face with this new iOS although I really don't think they care.

Oct 2, 2014 11:51 AM in response to Gupster5800

i suggest that this cannot be the catastrophic mistake it appears to be. I presume it is only the users of older iPads that have had iOS 8 turn their operating systems into quite such gibbering wrecks as written about here? I cannot believe that Apple don't test this stuff - they probably know it doesn't work on early iPads and are quite happy about it - they want you to buy a new one. I had a perfectly serviceable and much used iPad until a few days ago - if Apple can't fix this or return us to iOS 7 then we know what their motives are.

Oct 2, 2014 12:17 PM in response to barbiQLD

iPad 2 User: Since updating to iOS 8.0.2 there are multiple issues with Safari. Safari is slow, freezes (with page going white) and ultimately crashes. There are several instances with the key board and touch screen being non-responsive. I have read many, many Apple Support Community postings and several other are having the same issues. I did not have any of these issues with 8.0. All issues started immediately after upgrade. I have tried everything short of resetting and restoring my iPad.I have supplied feedback to www.apple.com/feedback as well. Totally unacceptable Apple.

Oct 2, 2014 5:46 PM in response to barbiQLD

I couldn't wait. I use it too much for my work for lectures and demonstrations (Professor). It kept crashing, freezing, etc. Apple didn't get very good PR since I had 200+ students watch my iPad crap out constantly. Some students voiced similar performance. I don't trust Apple to fix it in a speedy manner since they allowed the update to be released without testing it. The quality control is severely lacking. I'm happy with my new Surface. I'm sure it will make me moody sometimes, all technology will. I'm just glad to have a stable tablet to work with. The Surface is ridiculously faster, but the iPad 2 is a very antiquated product compared to today's technology. Thus it really doesn't take much to be better than an older iPad 2.

Oct 19, 2014 3:39 AM in response to Bfcastillo

Bfcastillo

Sorry I am late to answer, but my iPad2 acts the same since I had my screen replaced. (i.e. Not rebooting)

Whilst my iPad2 appears not to have booted, (apple logo disappears and I'm left with black screen instead of 'Swipe to Start').

I discovered all it needed was a further tap on Home button too to wake it up. i.e it boot straight into standby mode!

Not sure if this is same problem as yours, but you might find above useful

Endless Problems with IOS8.0.2 update IPAD

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.