Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have iphone 5s. Battery is draining fast and phone is hot. Help

Posted on Sep 28, 2014 10:46 PM

2 replies

Oct 1, 2014 8:40 AM in response to georgefromlimassol

Hi georgefromlimassol,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

It is normal for the battery to get warm when the iPhone is in use or being charged. Please read over the following information as far as operating temperatures and temperature warnings.

Keeping iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch within acceptable operating temperatures

For optimizing your iPhone battery, I would suggest reading over the attached information and make sure the settings are optimized for the best battery performance.

Apple - Batteries - Maximizing Performance

Have a great day,

Joe

Oct 2, 2014 2:50 PM in response to georgefromlimassol

Another tip for you is that you can monitor what is utilizing the battery with the iOS8.0.2 update. If you go to Settings> General>usage> battery usage it will provide what applications or services are using the battery. Keep in mind, it is a common misconception that closing your apps will help conserve your battery life. This is not the case. If you are constantly closing your apps and re-opening them, it is making the iPhone work much hard and in turn using more battery life and possibly data (depending on the application). You can disable certain applications from updating in the background. Go to Settings> Background App Refresh> disable those that you do not wish to have the most up to date information until YOU open the application. I hope this helps! 🙂

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.