Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone 6 poor signal

is there a signal problem with the iPhone 6?

At home I have no signal on my iPhone 6 but have 2 bars on my iPhone 5 and 2 bars on my iPad.

II've noticed I have no signal more now than I ever have had. Recently update iOS 8.0.2 but still have the problem

its really not what I'd expect for a new £600 phone!

iPhone 6, iOS 8

Posted on Sep 29, 2014 11:12 AM

7 replies

Oct 3, 2014 11:12 AM in response to Brett L

Tried all that Brett and the iPhone 6 is still 1-2 bars lower than my iPhone 5 and iPad when all side by side. As I've only 2 bars at home that means most the time I don't get a signal now which is really annoying as my phone is used for my business. This is very poor. I would have expected the iPhone 6 to perfor at least the same as the 5 if not better. Seriously thinking of selling my iPhone 6 !

Oct 4, 2014 9:30 PM in response to mkheng

I am having issues with my signal, as well. I just received my unlocked iPhone 6 (64 GB) in the mail and put it onto the MetroPCS system. I even checked the coverage map on the MetroPCS website, and I am supposed to have EXCELLENT service here at my house. Yet, I only have one bar at home. And if I walk a few houses down from my house, I lose all internet connection. I don't know if it's the service (which my friends swear by and even referred me to), or the new Apple iPhone 6, itself. But it's very upsetting for a phone I paid over $900 for! :-(

Oct 13, 2014 4:38 PM in response to Susan74NJ

OMG !!!! It's depressing !!! iPhone 6 Plus 128g Gold... and its a brick ! At&T....

Wifi - Spotty in the house next to my apply TV working great !

Cell Service ! searching or crap.

Email not sending or rebooting ..

Support ! Restore ! and if that doesnt work Restore... did you restore ? or drop everything and go to Apple store !

I waiting to upgrade had a old 4 !!1 worked great... the Costly Super Computer iPhone 6 plus is a brick too the 4 !!!

dont forget to restore ! and if that doesnt work ! you should try restore !

Jan 6, 2015 10:43 AM in response to mkheng

Try these steps. I had problems with weak signals on my new iPhone 6. This might be happening because the region you are in has weaker LTE signals. By default, the device tries to connect to the fastest services. But because there are more 3G towers than LTE, 3G settings give better signal strength.

Steps:

- Go to Settings> Wifi> Turn Off

- Go to Settings > Cellular Data > Disable LTE

- Wait for couple secs to let this change come in effect

- This will automatically now switch you to 3G network

- Turn Wifi ON

- You should get signals now. If you still don't see the signals, restart your phone and make sure LTE setting is still disabled.

I hope this would solve your problem.

Iphone 6 poor signal

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.