Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 6 Plus T-Mobile Wifi Calling issues

I have a iPhone 6 Plus on T-mobile. For some reason, anytime I am talking on the phone over wifi calling, I will drop the call 9 times out of 10. I was curious if anyone else was experiencing this? I contacted T-Mobile about this and they haven't heard about this issue. My router is the Apple Airport Express and when I had a Samsung Galaxy S5, I never had any issues with Wifi calling, it actually worked flawlessly! Please give me some insight if you think it is a device issue or if its a software issue. Thanks everyone!!

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8, T-Mobile

Posted on Sep 29, 2014 2:23 PM

4 replies

Sep 30, 2014 11:35 AM in response to Jaramie3

I'm also facing the same issue with T-Mobile. I have an iPhone 6 and an iPhone 6 Plus, both on iOS 8.0.2. I've even tried setting the phones to airplane mode and then enabling WiFi, as I had heard this helps out. But it does not... The single strength from the router is excellent and I'm in the same room, ISP plan is purchased for 100Mpbs. So I don't believe it's a bandwidth issue, nor do I believe it's a FW issue as the calls can be made - they just drop after a period of time.

Apr 17, 2015 4:44 PM in response to Jaramie3

Yes, when I try to use T-mobile Wifi Calling at work (on my work network which has always given me flawless Wifi for data browsing, Skype, Facetime, etc), T-mobile Wifi just toggles on and off endlessly for hours. Meaning that I can't maintain a phone call for more than a few minutes, on either traditional cellular or Wifi Calling, because if you start on one, and the phone switches to the other, you lose the call. That's not what Wifi Calling is advertised to be like - it supposed to be "seamless" - but in reality it doesn't work.

iPhone 6 Plus T-Mobile Wifi Calling issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.