Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Today summary in iOS 8 not working correctly

Hello all,

I have some problems with my iOS 8 Notifications center widgets.

First of all I don't get any weather summary shown. Location Services are on and the weather option is also on. Background refresh for weather is also on. I tried several restarts and still nothing shows up. Of corse I also ran the weather app.

Furthermore birthdays don't show up in NC. I have them added to my contacts (so no manually created events). They show in calendar app and the "birthdays" calendar is activated.

Moreover the "Tomorrow" widget does not show me tomorrow's events.

Another thing is, the calendar widget shows four empty rows when there is no event. On a friends iPhone it just shows "no events" without the rows.

I tried disabling widgets, disabling location services, etc.

This problem just occurs on my iPhone. On my iPad everything works fine.

I am currently using iPhone 6 but this started with my iPhone 5 on iOS 8.0. It worked in the beginning but then it disappeard.

Anyone got some clues how to fix this?

Regards

Fennek

iPhone 6, iOS 8

Posted on Sep 29, 2014 1:55 PM

3 replies

Sep 30, 2014 7:27 AM in response to Fennek

I Have the exact same issue. iPhone 6, and iOS 8.0

i liked how in ios7 it explained the weather for the day in a sentence.

i Did some research on widgets in this new OS, and it looks Like when you press the edit button at the bottom of Notification Center it shows you all apps that have compatible widgets. Here you can turn apps on or off (show up or don't). I downloaded the westher channel app and then came back here and it appeared in the "do not include" list, I enabled it, and now it shows up but only has current weather for the exact time. to ser the forecast you must click on the widget, which opens the app, and defeats the purpose IMO

Sep 30, 2014 9:54 AM in response to Fennek

@all

I kind of found a workaround which is not that nice and comes with some uncomfortable side-effects but at least it works:

I deleted my settings on my iPhone using Settings > General > Reset > Erase Settings. Files (photos, music) and Apps remain but all settings like chosen background, chosen ringtone, location services settings, wifi passwords are gone. Furthermore today I read that it also deletes files from iCloud drive (which did not affect me since I do not use it yet).

It also seems for me that it deletes iCloud keychain. After erasing settings all my Wifi passwords were gone from all my iOS and OS X devices. This is really annoying.

But the problems from above (except the big empty calendar widget) were gone. So it seems to originate from some messed up settings.

Today summary in iOS 8 not working correctly

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.