Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Original Apple Cable is not working. iPhone 5 iOS 7.1

I have an iPhone 5. I bought it 2 years before so my warranty has expired. Always I have been using original cables but my iPhone is displaying the error "this cable or accessory is not certified and may not work reliably with this phone". I have a friend who has an Apple cable, with this cable is charging only by one side (of the cable). Otherwise I have tried with different cables and never is charging. The thing is if I connect the same cable to other iPhones works correct.

I have rebooted the iPhone

I have cleaned the port

Since the last month I have bought 4 cable that are not working with my iPhone. I'm starting to hate the brand.

What can I do to fix this problem/issue/error??

iPhone 5, iOS 7.1.1

Posted on Sep 29, 2014 1:56 PM

2 replies

Sep 30, 2014 7:02 AM in response to eMdOS

After two years of owning and using a cell phone, it would not be unusual to have dirt, dust, sand, lint, etc., etc. blocking a good connection within your lightning cable port on your iPhone. If you don't have an Apple Store anywhere near your location, you could call AppleCare Support and find out what it would cost to send the iPhone to them for diagnosis and repair. If depot service is available and the cost is right for you, they typically would send you a pre-addressed box for shipping.

Original Apple Cable is not working. iPhone 5 iOS 7.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.