Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I export a slide show from iPhoto into Aperture?

iMac (27-inch Mid 2010), Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Sep 29, 2014 5:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 29, 2014 10:40 PM

No, but if you have the latest version of both apps you don't need to, just open the iphoto Library with Aperture.

2 replies

Sep 29, 2014 11:29 PM in response to Citizen Chris

To add to Terence Devlin's advice, see tis document:

Aperture 3.3: Using a unified photo library with iPhoto and Aperture

Aperture and iPhoto are using the same libraries, and can display the same library items, but the products "Slideshows, Calendars, Books". Light tables" are exceptions. You can view these products but not edit them in the other app losslessly. If you edit a slideshow, that has been created in iPhoto in Aperture, iPhoto will no longer be able to edit the slideshow. You wills the warning panel below (I hope the screenshot will show for once)

User uploaded file

If you have two libraries, one for iPhoto and one for use with Aperture, you can use Aperture to export the slideshow project from the iPhoto library with "File > Export > Items as Library" and then open your Aperture Library to merge the partial library in your main Aperture library:

See: Aperture 3.3: How to use Aperture to merge iPhoto libraries

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.