Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pinyin (keyboard) input layout missing

Hi,

I came across a very strange problem. I wanted to change my keyboard input layout from german to pinyin, but this in not possible, because there is no Chinese layout. I am using MacOS 10.9.5. on a MacBook Pro. I've the same MacOS version on my Mac Mini, where I can change the layout to pinyin. Only on my MacBook I can not change that. I copied the /System/Library/Keyboard Layouts/AppleKeyboardLayouts.bundle file from my Mini to my MacBook, but there is still no pinyin layout (or any Chinese input layout). The strange thing is, that there are many other input layouts:User uploaded file

If someone has any ideas how to fix this, please let me know. I tried to fix this, but run out of ideas...

I appreciate your help.

Best regards,

Daniel

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mavericks (10.9.5)

Posted on Sep 30, 2014 12:28 AM

13 replies

Nov 24, 2017 7:16 PM in response to hdgxx

can you tell me in details how you did it on the 'terminal app'?

1. open terminal.app ( if you dont know how to open it, then use spotlight )

2. login root (

2-1. sudo su - ( this command require 'user password' )

2-2. su - ( this command require 'root password' )

3. id ( 'uid=0(root)', then ok )

4. find / -name "com.apple.HIToolbox.plist" 2>/dev/null

5. cd {path} ( cd means change Directory, so.

ex ) /Library/Preferences/com.apple.???.plist

cd /Library/Preferences

then, you're in /Library/Preferences Dir

6. rm -f com.apple.???.plist

7. cd /System/Library/Caches/

8. rm -f com.apple.IntlDataCache.le*

9. finally, it's done just reboot

Oct 1, 2014 2:51 AM in response to Tom Gewecke

Thanks for your answer!

I created a new user account, logged in and the strange thing is, that there is the pinyin layout available as input source. It seems that the layout is blocked (or whatever) for my account. Maybe this happened because of a migration from 10.8 to 10.9, I don't know.

I hope I do not have to create a new account in order to use the pinyin layout. Any ideas how to fix this?

Best regards,

Daniel

Pinyin (keyboard) input layout missing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.