Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AirPrint on iOS 8 - don't believe the compatible printer model list

Some printers will not work with AirPrint any more with the iOS 8 update. Apple have informed me that they are not responsible for the reliability of the information shown on their website about AirPrint, which includes the compatible printer list. This makes AirPrint a really flakey technology - please check with the manufacturer before buying a printer that is claimed to be compatible according to Apple's website. All I can tell you for sure is that the Samsung C460W, shown on Apple's list as being compatible, no longer works with iOS8. I'm sure there are plenty of others.

Posted on Sep 30, 2014 4:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 30, 2014 10:24 AM

I have the same problem. Everything worked perfect, then updated to IOS 8 on my IPad. Nothing! Can't print, connection issues with my network, and the list goes on and on! Was on the phone with Samsung for over two hours. Print works with everything NOT updated to IOS8 and friends Android Products. Was on the phone with Assle for over three hours and their final response was they would issues a level something report and just wait for the update to IOS 8.

Waited and got IOS 8.0.2 Still nothing. Very sick of their crap!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 30, 2014 10:24 AM in response to NickCoote

I have the same problem. Everything worked perfect, then updated to IOS 8 on my IPad. Nothing! Can't print, connection issues with my network, and the list goes on and on! Was on the phone with Samsung for over two hours. Print works with everything NOT updated to IOS8 and friends Android Products. Was on the phone with Assle for over three hours and their final response was they would issues a level something report and just wait for the update to IOS 8.

Waited and got IOS 8.0.2 Still nothing. Very sick of their crap!

AirPrint on iOS 8 - don't believe the compatible printer model list

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.