Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 8.0.2 *****

iOS 8.0.2 is draining the battery too quickly in my iPhone 5 and is taking too long to charge.Safari is not at all working properly after the update. I'm getting a maximum of 5 hours 20 minutes of usage time after the update and it is only half of the time when I was using my phone with iOS 7.2. Is anybody else has got the same issues in their iPhone after the update.

iPhone 5, iOS 8

Posted on Sep 30, 2014 6:10 AM

9 replies

Sep 30, 2014 11:43 AM in response to Lawrence Finch

well i have the same issue and it only happened with ios 8.0.2 so saying it has nothing to do with the release version is not entirely right i suppose. i had everything mentioned in the article turned off even before the update to ios8. It worked fine on ios7 but now the battery drains within a few hours. I'm not an expert but if it's not the release what else would it be?

Sep 30, 2014 11:48 AM in response to Theou185

Theou185 wrote:

well i have the same issue and it only happened with ios 8.0.2 so saying it has nothing to do with the release version is not entirely right i suppose. i had everything mentioned in the article turned off even before the update to ios8. It worked fine on ios7 but now the battery drains within a few hours. I'm not an expert but if it's not the release what else would it be?

If you read 7 years of posts on this subject you will find the statement:

"My phone was fine too until I had the IOS [2, 2.2, 2.2.1, 3, 3.1, 3.1,2, 3.1.3, 4, 4.1, 4.1.1, 4.1.2, 4.2,1 5, 5.1, 5.2, 6, 6.1, 6.1,2., 6.1,3, 7, 7.1, 7.1.2] update. "

If it was truly a problem unique to iOS 8 then none of those posts would have happened. And it would mean there's a bug that has existed in every major release and point release of iOS for 7 years, which is highly unlikely. And the posted solution for each time was to find the app that was stuck sending or receiving data that was interrupted by the update and dealing with it.

I have a list of threads on the subject for each release if you are really interested.

The problem is NOT with the version, and CAN be solved with a little detective work.

This is the best information I have found on battery issues: http://www.overthought.org/blog/2014/the-ultimate-guide-to-solving-ios-battery-d rain

Sep 30, 2014 11:52 AM in response to Lawrence Finch

Thanks for the information.

1. As stated I have tried these suggestions already with no results.

1a. If having these features on and habits pre-update release was not causing battery drain then why would it now? And if the feature was not available until the latest update then it's obvious that said new feature could be part of the problem.

1b. There are more powerful things going on in iOS 8 than in iOS 7. It is very possible in my case that until 8.0.2 these new features were not working properly thus not draining my battery as fast.

2. I will not ignore the fact that my battery does not last as long as it did when I was running 8.0.1. I thought everyone that was complaining about battery drain in 8.0.0 and 8.0.1 were crazy too.

3. The internet is not infallible.

Sep 30, 2014 12:25 PM in response to jbailey3368

Thanks for the information but I have a couple of things:

1. As stated I have tried these suggestions already with no results.

1a. If having these features on and habits pre-update release were not causing battery drain then why would they now? And if the feature was not available until the latest update then it's obvious that said new feature could be part of the problem.

1b. There are more powerful things going on in iOS 8 than in iOS 7. It is very possible in my case that until 8.0.2 these new features were not working properly thus not draining my battery as fast.

2. I will not ignore the fact that my battery does not last as long as it did when I was running 8.0.1. I thought everyone that was complaining about battery drain in 8.0.0 and 8.0.1 were crazy too.

3. The internet is not infallible.

Edited for my crap grammar.

iOS 8.0.2 *****

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.