Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

changing saves directory

Hi,

I cannot upgrade my Iphone to IOS 8.0.2 (through Itunes) because I run out space on C: partition on my PC.Effcetively, I got 45 Gb of saves...

I would like to move these files to E: partition, but even having reinstalled itunes on E: partition , , Saves are still on C: ..

Do you know how to do this .?

thanks

daniel

iPhone 5s, iOS 7.1.2

Posted on Sep 30, 2014 7:36 AM

4 replies

Oct 2, 2014 12:41 PM in response to Bluesine

Relocate iOS device backups

1. Make a new folder called MobileSync at the root of the drive you want the backup data to live on, e.g. as D:\MobileSync
  2. Use Windows Explorer to move current Backup folder at <SystemDrive>\Users\<User>\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\MobileSync\Backup into the folder you just made. If the backup folder is large this may take some time.
  3. To make iTunes look for the data in the new location copy the text below, open a command prompt, right-click to paste in the command, edit the drive letter if needed, and then press <Enter>.
    MkLink /J "%AppData%\Apple Computer\MobileSync\Backup" "D:\MobileSync\Backup"

If you want the backup elsewhere replace D:\MobileSync accordingly.

Note that while this method works for iOS device backups it cannot be used to redirect sections of the media library.

If you're considering relocating your media folder see Make a split library portable for background.

tt2

changing saves directory

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.