Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I add photos back to my iPhone 6?

I purchased the iPhone 6 last week, and had no problems until updating to iOS 8.2. I no longer have my Camera Roll or Photo Stream, and instead only have the last 30 days of photos under "Recently Added".

If all of my photos are in the Cloud, and I bought a 64GB phone to have all the photos in the world of my son and dogs, why can't I be the one to manage what stays on my phone? Is there a way to restore them back to my phone in a folder?

Angry and mystified.

iPhone 6, iOS 8

Posted on Sep 30, 2014 10:44 AM

1 reply

Oct 2, 2014 2:11 PM in response to katherinebee

Hey katherinebee,

Thanks for the question and congratulations on your new iPhone 6. I understand that you have a few questions pertaining to Photos in iOS 8, and I hope the following information proves to be helpful.

iCloud Photo Stream store your last 1,000 photos or photos from the last 30 days:

Where can I find the My Photo Stream album?

In iOS 8, there's no longer a separate My Photo Stream album. Instead, photos that were in the My Photo Stream album are now in the Recently Added album.

My Photo Stream stores your last 30 days or 1,000 photos. My Photo Stream keeps up to 1,000 of your latest photos updated across your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Mac, and PC. Photos are stored in iCloud for 30 days, and you can download them to your devices during that time. The Recently Added album also shows videos from the last 30 days. Videos aren't uploaded to My Photo Stream and won't update across your devices.

via Get help finding your Photos in iOS 8

If you have photos older than 30 days on your previous device, they may not be stored in iCloud anymore. You can import these photos to a computer, then sync them to your new iPhone:

iOS: Import personal photos and videos from iOS devices to your computer

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4083

iTunes: Syncing photos

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4236

Thanks,

Matt M.

How do I add photos back to my iPhone 6?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.