Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wish list items disappearing when new releases come out

I thought this was my imagination but I confirmed today that when new audio releases are released, any that were marked as pre-orders that were in my Wish List are removed.

I assume this might be because a pre-ordered album is different from a released album and then when Apple flips the switch the pre-ordered album is removed from the store in place of the released album.

Whatever the reason...

a) It is annoying and...

b) Is anyone else seeing this?

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Early 2013), OS X Mavericks (10.9.5)

Posted on Sep 30, 2014 10:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 22, 2017 3:35 PM

For what's is worth, I have the same issue, and it is really strange, that Apple implemented it like that... And since your post is almost 2.5 years old means that nothing has changed...

It's weird because the current wish list behavior actually will Apple lose business...

4 replies

Jan 26, 2015 8:55 PM in response to ResortCasual

Yes. I have encountered this problem and it drives me crazy. I often put recordings that are not yet released, but available for pre-order, in "My Wish List" after reading a favourable advanced review. Then they disappear from the list when they become available, and I often forget about them. Hey Apple: lost business, not that you haven't already gotten enough of my money. Please modify the system so that when pre-orders placed in My Wish Lists become available they stay there.

Mar 31, 2015 12:03 PM in response to ResortCasual

I see this too. I add items to my wish list that are only showing for pre-order, so that I can buy them sometime after they come out. But they disappear from my wish list once they are released, so I never remember what I've found and liked. Off the top of my head, it's at least $100 of lost business in the past year for Apple from these forgotten releases.

I really hope they find some way to keep those albums on the wish list once they are released.

Wish list items disappearing when new releases come out

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.