Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why does my iPhone 5s keep restarting? Updating to iOS 8.0.2 mans it worse.

My iPhone 5s keeps restarting. Web pages keep resetting, apps crash and restart or freeze. iOS 8.0.1 has not made a scrap of difference. Have tried switching it iphone on and off. Rebooting, restarting. Turning off background apps from runming. Clearing internet history. None of this works. What's the point of having a smart phone that's a pain in the a...

iPhone 5s, iOS 7.1.1, iCloud didn't restore my notes

Posted on Sep 30, 2014 10:45 AM

5 replies

Oct 2, 2014 2:11 PM in response to EustaceRM

Hello EustaceRM,

Force closing all open apps and resetting your iPhone may help prevent the various app issues you've been experiencing.

iOS: Understanding multitasking

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4211

iPhone, iPad, iPod touch: Turning off and on (restarting) and resetting

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1430

If your apps continue closing unexpectedly, the next step would be to restore the device.

iOS: Back up and restore your iOS device with iCloud or iTunes

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1766

Additionally, the troubleshooting steps detailed below can help stabilize your iPhone, should it continue restarting or powering off unexpectedly.

1. Verify that the Sleep/Wake button functions. If it does not function, inspect it for signs of damage. If the button is damaged or is not functioning when pressed, seek service.
  2. Check if a Liquid Contact Indicator (LCI) is activated or there are signs of corrosion. Learn about LCIsand corrosion.
  3. Connect the iPhone to the iPhone's USB power adapter and let it charge for at least ten minutes.
  4. After at least 30 minutes, if:
    • The home screen appears: The iPhone should be working. Update to the latest version of iOS if necessary. Continue charging it until it is completely charged and you see this battery icon in the upper-right corner of the screen User uploaded file. Then unplug the phone from power. If it immediately turns off, seek service.
    • The low-battery image appears, even after the phone has charged for at least 20 minutes: See "iPhone displays the low-battery image and is unresponsive" symptom in this article.
    • Something other than the Home screen or Low Battery image appears, continue with this article for further troubleshooting steps.
  5. If the iPhone did not turn on, reset it while connected to the iPhone USB power adapter.
    • If the display turns on, go to step 4.
    • If the display remains black, go to next step.
  6. Connect the iPhone to a computer and open iTunes. If iTunes recognizes the iPhone and indicates that it is in recovery mode, attempt to restore the iPhone. If the iPhone doesn't appear in iTunes or if you have difficulties in restoring the iPhone, see this article for further assistance.
  7. If restoring the iPhone resolved the issue, go to step 4. If restoring the iPhone did not solve the issue, seek service.
  8. My issue is still not resolved. What do I do next?

Contact Apple Support.

iPhone: Hardware troubleshooting

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS2802

Cheers,

Allen

Oct 3, 2014 1:33 PM in response to CarlAVII

Hi Allen, thank you for responding. However that did not help. The sleep/wake button isn't damaged, there's no sign of water damage, the power, charging and battery life is fine. There's no Backup or restore issue in iTunes. The phone goes black in the middle of use, then the screen goes write with the black apple sigh up, and it comes back to the home page to sign in. It does it in the middle of use and also when just at rest. During several phone calls it did this today as it did yesterday, it went off, black screen, the line goes dead, then Apple screen and reopened with the call still active and able to resume thay same call. Sometimes I'm in the middle of doing something, typing and it crashes as described above, but when it opens all the text is lost. If I'd copied some text to paste that disappears and the previous copy from another session comes up when pasting. This is impossible to work with. Please fix your bugs, or you'll lose customers. It's ridiculous.

Why does my iPhone 5s keep restarting? Updating to iOS 8.0.2 mans it worse.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.