Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I transfer notes from iphone 4 to iphone 5s?

I've recently bought an iphone 5s, I would like to transfer the entire contents of my iphone 4 to my new phone.

How do I go about transferring my notes?

Hope someone can help.

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9.1)

Posted on Sep 30, 2014 4:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply
9 replies

Oct 10, 2014 1:10 AM in response to kkd_ldn

Transfer music, notes, photos, contacts, SMS and more from one Apple device to another. Follow these steps:

Step 1: Make sure you have the latest version of iTunes and iOS.

Step 2: Connect your current iPhone to iTunes and sync it. Verify that your original iPhone is backed up. For more information on how to do this, see iPhone: iPhone and iPod touch: About backups

Step 3: Connect your new iPhone 5 to iTunes (on the same computer you used to back up your current iPhone 3G).

Step 4: iTunes will ask you if you want to restore from a backup or set up your new iPhone as a new phone. When prompted, select the backup of your current iPhone. If iTunes does not prompt you to select a backup to restore when you connect your new iPhone, use iTunes to restore iOS on your new iPhone and try this step again. Note: During the process of restoring your old backup to a new iPhone, you may see the iTunes progress bar pause. If this occurs, please allow for additional time for the upgrade to complete.

Step 5: After iTunes finishes restoring the backup you selected to your new iPhone, the iPhone will restart.

Step 6: When your new iPhone appears again in the iTunes window, select it.

Step 7: Click the tabs (Info, Music, Photos, and so on) and verify or change the items you want to sync.

Step 8: Click Apply to sync your new iPhone 5 with iTunes.

Step 9: Verify that your saved contacts are present on your new iPhone.

Oct 10, 2014 2:04 AM in response to kkd_ldn

Hi, it depends on what kind of content you need to transfer between the 2 device:

• To transfer contacts, messages, notes, and more, you should first backup your iPhone 4 to iTunes or iCloud. And then restore your new iPhone 5s with the iCloud(Settings > General > Reset > Erase all content and setting > set up as a new device> restore from iCloud backup > choose the backup file to restore) or iTunes (set iPhone 5s as a new devce > restore from itunes backup file) backup file.
  • Music can't be backed up to iTunes or iCloud, to transfer music between iPhone 4 and iPhone 5s, you can try MobileTrans, a tool specially focuses on data transferring between devices.

Jul 27, 2015 6:58 PM in response to kkd_ldn

It's so simple. Go to 'Notes' in old iphone, email them to yourself (that's the middle icon along bottom of screen). Open the email on new iphone, 'select all', 'copy', open 'Notes' on new iphone, open 'new' and then 'paste'. Simple, you have all your notes on your iphone and in an email too. I wasted hours looking on the internet for an answer, so as an experiment I gave this a try. Sometimes we make it harder than it really is, and simplicity sometimes works perfectly. 😁

Jan 1, 2016 7:37 PM in response to rafill424

This takes a lot less time to do than to find the answer you want!

We want Apple to provide a way to add our Notes from our previous phone to our new phone. They don't do that. Their solution is fine if you do it immediately after activating the new phone, but I, like a lot of people, was too busy at the time. While waiting to get "a round tuit", I added Notes to the new phone. So Apple's "solution" is to erase all my new notes in order to get my old notes on my "new" phone.

No bueno, Appple! You're supposed to make things easy!

How can I transfer notes from iphone 4 to iphone 5s?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.