Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 8 Bluetooth issues with Garmin Devices

I have 2 Garmin devices, a Edge 1000 and a Forerunner 220. Both functioned perfect on my iPhone 5 with iOS 7. Now with my iPhone 6 and iOS 8.0.2 devices continually drops signal/connections. It is very frustrating, as the coolest feature of the Garmin Edge 1000 is the Notifications on the device through Bluetooth. it does no good to have these cool features if the BT connection fails.. Spot connections on Shoebox BT speaker as well. Garmin Firmware and App are both updated since launch of iOS 8.

Any Suggestions?

Posted on Sep 30, 2014 4:06 PM

11 replies

Oct 1, 2014 4:25 PM in response to Zuba

I'm having exactly the same problem with my garmin edge 1000. Worked perfect with my iphone 5 with IOS7, but with the iphone 6 and IOS8 it keeps disconnecting or having problems connecting in the first place.

I've tried uninstalling and updating everything to do with the garmin device and forgetting the pairing but still the same problem at the end of the day 😟

Please help.

Oct 3, 2014 7:51 AM in response to Zuba

Hi Zuba,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

I know it is very frustrating when you have such cool features with your Garmin devices that do not work as expected after the iOS 8 update. The first steps I would recommend in this situation would be the ones listed in the attached article.

If you can’t use a Bluetooth accessory or car kit

Have a great day,

Joe

Nov 10, 2014 5:52 AM in response to Zuba

I have tried all of the above with no luck. I have since been in touch with Gramin and the back and forth was pretty amazing, a different answer everytime. No solutions... The final solution is they asked me to return the device and see if a new one fixes the issue. I have sent it back and I await the new Edge 1000 to see if this will work.

Dec 14, 2014 4:41 PM in response to Zuba

Sorry that I don't I have answer, but I can confirm I have the same issue.... The BLE connection is not maintained for more then ~ 5 minutes and it never pairs on its own. The regular connection will pair without issue but the BLE never does. I can go in and tell it to connect and it does, but then quickly drops the connection. Very annoying as it is one of the main reasons I bought the 1000.

Aug 2, 2015 6:39 AM in response to martin2704

Hey Martin

you say you had the same issue with your nuvi but then you say you used voice command every day...no one here is having an issue with voice command this thread is about the BLE dropping on the Nuvi devices with iPhone 6.

please advise if you had the same issue and Garmin was able to fix this...and please advise a case number to have them look up for us to use as a guide for the fixing of this issue because we dont want to jump thru any more hoops of random CSR's to make us do...we want the actual fix

thank you so much in advance

May 26, 2016 9:07 AM in response to Zuba

Go to your Edge 1000 then to wrench/screw driver symbol and access the "Bluetooth." Click on the "smartphone" and then confirm to "Forget Phone." This will delete your current bluetooth connection.

Restart process of pairing your iPhone 6(+)(+s) with your Edge 1000. When is done, verify your connection with your Garmin Connect app on your iPhone and it should have a status of "connected." You should be ready to go.

iOS 8 Bluetooth issues with Garmin Devices

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.