Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

One album shows the artist as being unknown on my iphoneeven though the name is correct in info on my Mac. I have removed and replaced the album on iphone and also reinstalled album on my Mac with no change. Album appears correctly in play lists.

One album shows the artist as being unknown on my iphone even though the name is correct in info on my Mac. I have removed and replaced the album on iphone and also reinstalled album on my Mac with no change in conditions. Songs appears correctly in play lists on both mac and iphone for that artist. I have the latest systems on both iphone and computer. The iphone is 6 and the mac is late 2009 iMac. To summarize The album appears correctly in play lists on Mac and iphone but the album does not appear under artists on iphone. When I show all albums the artist is shown as unknown.

Posted on Sep 30, 2014 6:13 PM

6 replies

Feb 28, 2015 1:22 PM in response to lemstuff

I have had the same issue and it was really bugging me as albums by the same artist were not being grouped together in artist view. The fix to this is simple though: in iTunes select all the tracks in the album that is showing as unknown artist > cmd + i to get info panel up > SCROLL to the bottom of the info panel > you will most likely find the 'compilation' check box is checked; uncheck this. Then re-sync your ipod and you should find the ipod correctly lists the artist now. There is obviously a bug in ios8 where when the compilation checkbox is checked the ipod ignores artist field values. In the info panel you have to scroll to even see this checkbox so it can be easily missed, it has caught me out loads of times!

One album shows the artist as being unknown on my iphoneeven though the name is correct in info on my Mac. I have removed and replaced the album on iphone and also reinstalled album on my Mac with no change. Album appears correctly in play lists.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.