Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What is the right printer for this computer?

I have a IMac 2001 700MHz. I want to attach a printer preferably Apple.What is the ideal printer to use with this computer?

iMac, Mac OS X (10.0.x), Pre-Installed Mac OS 9.1 X 10.0.4

Posted on Sep 30, 2014 7:29 PM

3 replies

Oct 2, 2014 7:00 AM in response to Alm1ghty55

You are reaching fairly far back with that one but, in helping a friend in a similar situation (needed new printer for a 1998 PowerBook G3 running 10.3.9), we found that you are more likely to find a new device that supports older Macs by looking at stand-alone printers, not multi-functions. We found a Canon inkjet printer for which Canon had drivers back to versions for OS 10.3 and PPC Macs on their web site. We found no multifuctions of any make that had support for pre-2006 Macs.

But rccharles is right--you will probably have to upgrade to a newer version of OX. That iMac should handle up to OS 10.4.11 but you may need to add RAM. OS 10.4 is supposed to run on 256MB RAM but my experience is that you need a minimum of 512MB.

What is the right printer for this computer?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.