Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I updated new iPhone 6 to iOS 8.0.2 and now Touch ID doesn't work...what gives?

I thought they fixed this bug???

iPhone 6, iOS 8

Posted on Sep 30, 2014 7:22 PM

6 replies

May 2, 2015 8:48 PM in response to DJChimp

I have the same trouble with my 3 weeks old iPhone 6+. After update to the last iOS, touch ID doesn't respond anymore.

I delete my fingers print and now I'm unable to set new one.

The Apple Shop of my place in Yogyakarta (Indonesia) says they didn't gave any service for iPhone (!!!) so I contact the Apple Support online who advise me to restore it. I did, but it didn't solve the problem: Touch ID still not responding.

At this point I don't know anymore what to do...

May 3, 2015 6:39 AM in response to Briansyddall

Yes I did. Just as Apple Support Online told me. But it didn't solve the problem. Today again I was with them online for this case. It appear that I have no chance that Apple Indonesia will take care of my problem. They sent me to Telkomcel, the biggest Indonesian provider which is suppose to fix all iPhone trouble in Indonesia. The problem is that they accept only the cell buy to them !

they even suggest me to go to Singapore or Kuala-Lumpur to make it fix by Apple !

I updated new iPhone 6 to iOS 8.0.2 and now Touch ID doesn't work...what gives?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.