Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

not enough access permissions to sync

When I try to sync my iPad with iTunes, I get an error message that I cannot sync my iPad because I do not have enough access privileges to perform the operation. How do I fix this?

iPhone 5, iOS 7

Posted on Sep 30, 2014 7:28 PM

1 reply

Oct 3, 2014 10:08 AM in response to gregg220

Hello there, gregg220.

The following Knowledge Base article provides steps for troubleshooting persmissions issues with iTunes:

Trouble adding music to iTunes library or importing audio CD

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1387

These messages occur if permissions are incorrect on your designated music folder or on a folder inside your designated music folder. Permissions are settings that determine who can read, write to, or execute a file or folder on your computer. Every file and folder on your hard disk has an associated set of permissions.

Example: If permissions are correct on your Music folder, but incorrect on the U2 folder inside your Music folder, you would be able to add other music to your iTunes library, but not that new U2 album.

Look here for help in correcting the permissions on folders:
OS X:

Troubleshooting permissions issues in OS X

Windows XP:

How to set, view, change, or remove file and folder permissions in Windows XP

Note: Permissions and privileges for files are different from authorization to play a song purchased from the iTunes Store. Click here for information on authorizing a purchased song to play.

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities.

Cheers,

Pedro.

not enough access permissions to sync

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.