Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone 6 Plus rotation stuck

The home screen of my iphone 6 plus will not rotate to the upright position or landscape when I turn the phone. It's stuck at 180 degrees. I checked and the lock screen is not on and it's not in zoom. any suggestions?

I turned my iphone on and off and it's okay again, but this could not be the solution to this problem.

HELP?

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8, ios 8.0.2

Posted on Oct 1, 2014 12:33 AM

3 replies

Aug 3, 2015 9:16 AM in response to ljann_94

I have this very annoying problem too. My screen just cannot keep the portrait position, it freezes automatically on landscape and the auto-rotation is not working. Using the rotation control on the Assistive Touch setting temporarily restores the portrait position but it will again freeze on landscape as soon as I touch the screen. I have reset all settings with no result. I will try a full factory restore and a setting and apps restore using an earlier date as a last try. The phone did not fall on the ground or something, so I am deeply disappointed with the iPhone 6 as I also have a nasty problem with the keyboard. Does anyone have the same problem?

Aug 3, 2015 9:52 AM in response to The Big G

My iPhone 6 Plus rotation failure is not app-specific. As soon as I unlock the lock screen, it will automatically keep the screen on the landscape position no matter what app I use. To have a portrait screen, I must use the portrait lock feature on the quick access drop-down window on he home screen and turn it off if I want to use landscape mode, which is rather annoying and irritating. I tried compass calibration, rest all settings etc. , didn't work. Can someone help me before deciding to erase phone and start all over again?

Iphone 6 Plus rotation stuck

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.