Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook won't recognize my camera

I have a MacBook white unibody 2010 running the latest OSX and when I connect my Olympus E-500 to my Mac it will not recognize it. It shows up under USB in system preferences but it wont show in iphoto, image capture, or my desktop. It plugs into windows computers fine but my Mac doesn't seem to recognize it. Anyway to fix this? Thank you!

MacBook, OS X Mavericks (10.9.5), 2.40 ghz 2GB ram

Posted on Oct 1, 2014 12:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 3, 2014 12:43 PM

Hi iDerion,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

I understand that it can be very frustrating when your computer is not recognizing your camera. In this situation I would recommend troubleshooting the connection with iPhoto. Please use the following article for troubleshooting instructions.

iPhoto: Troubleshooting Camera Connections

Have a great day,

Joe

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 3, 2014 12:43 PM in response to iDerion

Hi iDerion,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

I understand that it can be very frustrating when your computer is not recognizing your camera. In this situation I would recommend troubleshooting the connection with iPhoto. Please use the following article for troubleshooting instructions.

iPhoto: Troubleshooting Camera Connections

Have a great day,

Joe

Dec 28, 2016 7:12 PM in response to iDerion

Hi iDerion

I have a similar problem. While iPhoto works with the E-500, I am unable to get Olympus Studio 2.0 to tether to it using the "control" option on the camera. I have been able to get it to work on my PC - didn't even have to download a driver to get it working. Did you have any luck? I am trying to get the Studio software to work using a tether so my daughter can use the computer to control the camera to make a Stop-Action movie for a school project.

Thx

Chad

MacBook won't recognize my camera

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.