Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Since iOS 8, my iPhone no longer appears in iTunes "Devices"

Hey, all,

My iPhone 5c no longer appears in the "Devices" section in the iTunes interface (in fact, said section doesn't appear at all). My iPhone is running iOS 8.0.2, and iTunes is 11.4 on an iMac running Mavericks 10.9.5. The phone does sync via wire, and I can confirm that the "Sync via Wifi" checkbox is checked. Going to iTunes Wifi Sync on my iPhone's settings does show that it is expecting to sync with my computer, but that it cannot find the computer. Both devices appear to be on the same wifi network.

(...)

In an attempt to confirm by more than just wifi network name that the both the computer and iPhone are on the same network, I launched Remote on my iPhone, and it saw my iTunes Library as an option...but would not connect. Going to Settings in Remote there is an option to add a new iTunes Library, and my library is shown there. Selecting it yields the four-digit code, and the phone appears in Devices, but as a remote control. Selecting that in iTunes shows me the interface to enter the four-digit code to pair...which it does not accept.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

iPhone 5c, iOS 8

Posted on Oct 1, 2014 6:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 1, 2014 6:15 AM

OK, never mind. After all that, a restart of the iPhone fixed it. That should have been the first thing I tried, of course, before posting. Sorry about that!

1 reply

Since iOS 8, my iPhone no longer appears in iTunes "Devices"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.